Solihull Setting Improvement Approach August 2023 to 2024 (click to read)
The Early Years' Service will support providers to offer:
- quality and consistency so that every child is safe and well and can make the progress that they are entitled to make;
- a secure foundation through learning and development opportunities which are planned around the needs and interests of each individual child and are reviewed regularly;
- partnership working between practitioners and parents and/or carers;
- equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice, ensuring that every child is included and supported.
The Early Years' Service will:
- train, develop, scaffold and empower providers to be outstanding; Link to training page
- support providers to self-evaluate in order to pursue continuous improvement;
- build capacity within the sector so that support, challenge and monitoring come from within.
DfE Statutory Guidance
The Early Education and Childcare: Statutory Guidance for Local Authorities outlines the DfE statutory requirements, which the LA and its providers must comply with. The Operational Guidance and LA agreement outline the role of Solihull LA, and its providers, in ensuring sufficient high quality places for children and their early education entitlement in the borough.
- Here you will find Solihull’s latest Childcare Sufficiency Assessment: Daycare providers | solihull.gov.uk