August 25, 2020
With the threat of Covid-19 outbreaks and the impact of norovirus in settings/schools, it is more important than ever this autumn term to promote flu vaccinations to protect our families and the NHS. The following children and young people are eligible for a flu vaccine:
- children aged two or three years old (on 31 August of current flu season)
- all primary school-aged children
- all year 7 secondary school-aged children
- children with a health condition that puts them at greater risk from flu
- children who live with someone who is on the NHS Shielded Patient List [link].
Flu can be a very unpleasant illness and in worse cases can result in a hospital admission. For more information on the flu vaccination and why it is needed every year, please refer to this poster and leaflet.