The secondary support:
- A virtual school worker allocated to each child.
- Specialist support for unaccompanied asylum seeking young people.
- A minimum of one personal education plan (PEP) meeting a year to be attended by the allocated virtual school worker.
- Every year 11 PEP attended by a virtual school worker.
- Virtual school supports secondary schools across the UK, and middle schools deemed as secondary, where Solihull looked after children are on roll.
- Virtual school can offer all schools a termly visit to discuss provision for looked after and previously looked after and how to implement support strategies. All settings are different, so we appreciate any time you can give us to understand your school.
- Virtual school offers education support and careers training to carers, which is designed to complement the work undertaken by schools.
- Where looked after children have complex needs, we may commission professional partners to carry out annual keep-in-touch visits. They will have expertise in working with pupils to make small step progress. Our partners work with the allocated virtual school worker.
- Access to careers support to supplement what schools are required to provide.