Free training event: Collaborative working to promote attendance and psychological wellbeing
Working in partnership together, Solar and the Solihull Council community educational psychology service (CEPS) are offering a free half-day training event to school leaders and key staff to develop their understanding and ability to support children and young people who find it difficult to consistently attend and positively engage in school.
The training event will enable attendees:
- To understand what is meant by emotionally based school avoidance and its relevance within the local and national context
- To be able to distinguish emotionally based school avoidance from other types of school attendance concerns
- To understand the collaborative local response to emotionally based school avoidance and how this can support children, young people and families in your setting
- To gain an insight in to the literature and evidence in relation to emotionally based school avoidance
- To acquire and practice using a range of evidence-based assessment and intervention tools
- To develop a bespoke action plan to strengthen practice in relation to emotionally based school avoidance in your setting
Date: Monday 14 October 2019
Time: 9.30 – 12.30pm (AM session) OR 13.30pm – 16.30pm (PM session)
Venue: Renewal Solihull, Lode Lane, Solihull, B91 2JR
There are up to two places for each setting available (one must be a member of the school’s leadership team). To secure your places, please email email@example.com with the name of the attendees, name of school setting and which session you would like to attend (morning or afternoon) by 7 October 2019.
Lunch will be provided for both sessions between 12:30 and 13:30 (further details will be provided when your places are confirmed); if there are any dietary requirements, please indicate when booking.