Skip to content Skip to main menu Skip to utility menu

Children with special educational needs and disabilities

From September 2014 Education, Health and Care Plans have replaced statements of Special Educational Needs. For information on this change visit our SEND Local Offer website.

We review statements of SEN or EHCPs annually and will work jointly with you to agree how this is done.

After the review meeting your child’s statement or EHCP will be updated to reflect any agreed changes to the special educational needs and will also specify that you have chosen to home educate.

Your responsibility is to provide an education that is suitable for your child’s age, ability and special educational needs. If you feel that you are not able to meet all the needs described with the statement or EHCP then you can ask always ask us for help.

You can also contact the local Special Educational Needs and Disability Partnership Service.

For children who have special educational needs but do not have a statement or Education Health and Care Plan.

If your child has special educational needs and, if they were attending a school, support is available from our specialist education services.

This usually applies to those to children with:

  • autism
  • physical or sensory needs
  • dyslexia

For further support you can contact: Specialist Inclusion Support Service (SISS)

The Specialist Inclusion Support Service (SISS) offers multi-disciplinary support for children and young people with a range of special educational needs and disabilities.
Telephone: 0121 779 1742

Educational Psychology Service
Solihull educational psychology service is a community based service and aims to improve outcomes for vulnerable children and young people.
Telephone: 0121 779 1739

Special Education Needs (SEN)
Parents of home educating children can request an assessment for an education health and care plan.
telephone: 0121 704 6690

See also…