We offer bespoke training to schools which is free of charge.
If you wish to book this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training for teachers and teaching assistants
The Service also offers a range of half and full day courses for teachers. These are chargeable: full day £150 and half day £70. Courses we offer cover various topics and are dependent upon demand. Topics include
- SEN or EAL? Distinguishing the difference
- Classroom strategies for new arrivals in primary schools
- Classroom strategies for new arrivals in secondary schools
- Developing writing skills in more advanced EAL learners
- Supporting EAL learners in EYFS
- Supporting more advanced EAL learners in primary schools
- Supporting more advanced EAL learners in secondary schools
- Assessing, monitoring and tracking the progress of learners new to English
EAL Network meeting
Wednesday 4th March 2020, 1.30pm – 3.30pm at Sans Souci, free to Solihull schools, £50 for out-of-borough/independent schools.
If you wish to book a place, please email email@example.com
- TA training short course (3 sessions), 1.30 – 3.30pm, commencing 1st March 2021
- SEN and EAL – distinguishing the difference 1.30-3.30pm, Monday 8th March 2021
- Spring term EAL Network, 1.30-3.30pm, Wednesday 17th March 2021
All training is free and will be delivered via Teams
To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org.