We offer bespoke training to schools which is free of charge.
If you wish to book this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training for teachers and teaching assistants
The Service also offers a range of half and full day courses for teachers. These are chargeable: full day £150 and half day £70. Courses we offer cover various topics and are dependent upon demand. Topics include
- SEN or EAL? Distinguishing the difference
- Classroom strategies for new arrivals in primary schools
- Classroom strategies for new arrivals in secondary schools
- Developing writing skills in more advanced EAL learners
- Supporting EAL learners in EYFS
- Supporting more advanced EAL learners in primary schools
- Supporting more advanced EAL learners in secondary schools
- Assessing, monitoring and tracking the progress of learners new to English
EAL Network meeting
Wednesday 4th March 2020, 1.30pm – 3.30pm at Sans Souci, free to Solihull schools, £50 for out-of-borough/independent schools.
If you wish to book a place, please email email@example.com
Training for EAL co-ordinators
Monday 23rd March 2020, 1.30pm to 4pm at Sans Souci, £70.
Whether you are new in post or have been doing the job for a while, this course will cover all the essentials you need to know for your role including
- Identifying EAL learners and managing data
- Working with parents
- Classroom strategies
- SEN or EAL – distinguishing the difference
If you wish to book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEN or EAL – Distinguishing the difference
Tuesday 31st March 2020, 1.30pm – 4pm at Sans Souci, £70.
This course will look at how language develops and the similarities and differences between developmental language disorders and the features of English as an additional language. We will also look at some tools which you can use in your schools to help distinguish the difference. We will also consider other additional needs such as dyslexia.
If you wish to book a place please email email@example.com