Kooth – online counselling
December 12, 2017
<![CDATA[Working with Solihull CCG, Solihull Council has commissioned a new resource in Solihull to support Young People with their emotional and mental health and wellbeing.
Kooth.com is a safe, confidential and non-stigmatized way for young people to receive free counselling, advice and support on-line. This very popular service is used by large numbers of young people across the country and delivers 1000s of counselling sessions each year. Staffed by fully trained and qualified counsellors and available until 10pm each night, and weekends from 6pm – 10pm, 365 days per year, it provides a much needed confidential and instant access service for young people aged 11-25.
- A chat function for a young person to drop in to speak to a readily available counsellor
- A messaging function for young people to contact the service
- A schedule function to provide booked sessions with a named counsellor on a regular basis
- A range of forums, all of which are pre-moderated, to offer facilitated peer support for CYP.
- Live discussion groups – run by professionals (with all comments moderated) to enable groups of CYP to interact with each other in a safe environment
- An online magazine will full content moderation, creation and editing which includes opportunities for CYP to submit their stories or write articles, all of which is moderated
- Information, activities and self-care tools and resources on the site for CYP to download.
The service is managed by Kal Johal (email@example.com 07957 991673) and Abdul Majid will be the person responsible for ensuring services and young people know how to access Kooth.com. Abdul Majid or Kal Johal will be making contact with services to talk about Kooth, what they will be offering and how young people can access the online provision.
If you would like more information or if you would like Abdul Majid to present to the staff team or at school assemblies, please contact Abdul by phone on 07949 819503 or email me at Amajid@xenzone.com.]]>