A purpose built mosque, completed in the 1970s with the dome added in 1982 and the 46 m high minaret the last feature to be built. The prayer hall holds 4,000 men and the gallery has room for 1000 women. Facilities
include an ablutions area, school, day centre, library offices, conference rooms, kitchen and mortuary.
Visitors are welcome as long as the conventions of modest dress are
observed. Shoes are removed before entering the prayer hall.