Designated safeguarding lead training conferences 2019
- To be updated locally and nationally on safeguarding matters relating to education including Keeping children safe in education (2019).
- To be updated on changes to children’s social work locally and how the former early help service (Engage) has been integrated into the new arrangement.
- To update designated safeguarding leads on: Operation Encompass, serious violence ‘upskirting’, weapons and knife crime, ‘county lines’ and hate crime and local policing arrangements.
- On-line safety curriculum, keeping data safe online, mobile devices policy and the Voyeurism Act 2019.
- An update on the troubled families programme.
- An update on the revised local safeguarding partnership arrangements.
- Alternative provision and the impacts for practice
- Update on female genital mutilation (FGM), mental health and the 2020 safeguarding curriculum requirement.
9:00am: Welcome, introduction to conference, safeguarding updates and implications for practice.
9:20am: Changes to children’s social work and early help service (formerly Engage)
9.40am: Working groups to explore changes to children’s social work and early help service (formerly Engage)
12:00pm: Troubled families update
12:30 pm: Lunch
1:00pm: Update on local safeguarding partnership (LSCP) arrangements.
3.15pm: Youth offending service
Workshops will run four times over each day, and will be rotated, with around 30 delegates in each workshop.
Workshop 1: Alternative provision and elective home education
Workshop 2: Education and police joint workshop
Workshop 3: Online safety curriculum
Workshop 4: Safeguarding curriculum