Skip to content Skip to main menu Skip to utility menu

In an emergency

If you have concerns about the neglect or abuse of a child or if you want to report a death, a serious accident or serious injury to a child while in the care of a setting

  • Solihull Council’s multi-agency safeguarding hub (MASH) 0121 788 4300
  • Solihull Council’s out-of-hours duty team 0121 605 6060
  • Link to the MASH referral form

To make an allegation about a member of staff in a setting

  • Solihull Council’s local authority designated officer (LADO) 0121 788 4310


Notifiable diseases

  • West Midlands health protection team   0344 225 3560

Solihull Council’s environmental health can give advice about infestations (rats, mice, insects and so on), outbreaks of food poisoning or infectious disease

  • Solihull Council’s environmental health team 0121 704 8018

If you have concern about a child or young person at risk of being drawn into extremism

  • For a school or wider community terrorism concern, call the Anti-terrorist hotline   0800 789321. If you suspect it, report it!

Contact the police

  • Urgent Contact – 999
    If there is a crime in progress or an urgent police response is needed to prevent injury to a person or damage to property please call 999.
  • Non Urgent Contact – 101
    If a non-urgent police response is needed please call 101. This includes reporting crime or incidents, please note crimes can also be reported on the West Midlands Police website.
  • Sharing non urgent information or intelligence
    If you have non urgent information or intelligence which you wish to inform West Midlands Police of you may call 101 or complete a 5×5 intelligence form which must be submitted via email to the force intelligence bureau.
  • Speak with your school liaison officer (SLO)
    All schools have a designated SLO and we would encourage schools to discuss police matters with them, they can share information and support schools in intervention and prevention, as well as local community issues. Please note your SLO will work a shift pattern and may not always be available. Please report crime, incidents and intelligence through the above routes and then discuss with your SLO to avoid delay and share concerns as soon as they occur.
  1. Examples
    There is an ex-pupil outside the school and you believe he has a knife. Call 999 – police need to attend urgently as they may be able to arrest those responsible.
  2. A member of staff has recovered a small quantity of cannabis from a student’s property. Call 101 or report the crime on the West Midlands Police website.
  3. A teacher on gate duty at the end of the day notices some of their young people are socialising with some suspicious older youths in a car. The teacher records the registration of the vehicle. Call 101 or report the information on the 5×5 intelligence form.
  4. You have a concern regarding some students who you believe are forming a gang outside school. You’ve made referrals and submitted a 5×5 form. You may also wish to discuss this with your SLO who can support you and work with partners outside the school environment to offer intervention and prevention.

Updates and changes


These pages are updated regularly and should be used as the main source of information.  Printed versions should be used with care as they can become out of date.