Parents and carers
We’ll be adding to this list between now and Safer Internet Day. They’re in alphabetical order by organisation. You’ll find a range of advice and opinions. You need to choose the best advice for your child.
- BBC webwise (for parents) - advice for parents including a top ten online safety tips
- CEOP Youtube channel - has a range of videos aimed at children and parents looking at online safety issues. The videos are aimed at children of different ages.
- E-safety support (in the news) - is a regularly-updated list of news items (from a wide range of sources) looking at different aspects of online safety.
- Educate against hate - gives parents, teachers, school leaders and other professionals practical advice on protecting children from extremism and radicalisation .
- Internetmatters.org - gives a wide range of information for parents to help them keep their children safe online.
- NSPCC online safety - has helpful advice and tools you can use to help keep your child safe whenever and wherever they go online.
- Parent zone - making the internet work for families
- Parentinfo - gives expert information to help children and young people stay safe online.
- Safer Internet Centre for parents and carers - explains how Safer Internet Day is a great time to have a conversation with their child about staying safe online.
- Thinkuknow (for parents) - has a lot of information including how to find help if you have concerns about what's happening to your child online.
- Vodaphone - digital parenting